To help assist in setting up your theme we have put together an XML file for you to import demo content that you will later replace with your own.
It's important to understand before you import the contents of this file, that you have no intellectual property rights to use this content on a live website, you may use this “dummy” content for staging and configuration purposes. The images shown in the theme demos are not licensed for redistribution.
Note: Prior to importing the XML, we do recommend that you install Genesis and any child theme, as well as install and setup any required plugins mentioned in the theme setup tutorials.
Download the XML file
Click here to download the XML demo content file to your computer.
*To download the XML file, right-click the link and select 'save link as...' and save to your desktop to upload as instructed below.
How to import the XML demo content file
Log into your site as an administrator.
- Go to Tools: Import in the blog’s admin panels.
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload our XML file using the form provided on that page.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, go ahead and select the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- WordPress will import each of the pages, posts, comments, and categories into your blog.
After you’ve imported the XML file, continue to follow your Theme Setup tutorial to set the theme up like the demo.
Note: The import file contains the demo content for the pages, posts, comments, and categories, with placeholder images. The images shown in the demo are not licensed for redistribution with the themes.
If you wish to obtain similar images to use on your site, you may check some of the stock photo sites:
Photography for purchase:
Import Widget Content
Install the plugin 'Widget Importer Exporter' and activate. Once active, download the demo widget content file from the available list below. In the plugin settings, select the file and click 'Import'. Once the process is complete, the demo widget content should be placed in the correct locations to reflect the same layout as our demos. 🙂
*To download the WIE file, right-click the link and select 'save link as...' and save to your desktop to upload as instructed in the plugin.
- Free Spirit
- Punk Bride