First of all, you will need to install the Genesis Framework and your Child theme. If you haven't done that go to this link: Child Theme Installation & Update https://www.imagely.com/docs/imagely-child-theme-installation/
To help assist in setting up your theme we have put together two files that will help you import our demo content.
Note: If you already have content on your site you might need to skip step one and only import the .wie file. You will have to adapt those widgets to your existing content.
STEP 1- DOWNLOAD AND IMPORT THE .XML FILE
Imports blog posts, pages, comments an initial content that you will later replace with your own.
- Download the XML file
Right-click here and then click on "Save link as..." to download the XML demo content file to your computer.
- How to import the XML demo content file
- Log into your site as an administrator.
- Go to Tools: Import in the blog’s admin panels.
- Go to Tools > Import > Choose “WordPress” (Run Importer) from the list.
Note: If that option is not available, proceed to install that option.
- Upload our XML file using the form provided on that page.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments. Go ahead and select the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- WordPress will import each of the pages, posts, comments, and categories into your blog.
Note: The import file contains the demo content for the pages, posts, comments, and categories, with placeholder images. The images shown in the demo are not licensed for redistribution with the themes.
STEP 2- DOWNLOAD AND IMPORT THE .WIE FILE
This will import the Widget Content (Front-Page content of your theme).
- Install the plugin 'Widget Importer Exporter' and activate it. Go to Plugins > Installed Plugins.
The "WordPress Importer" plugin should look like this which indicates that it is active.
- Download the Widget demo file according to the theme that you want to install. Once active, download the demo widget content file from the available list below.
*To download the WIE file, right-click the link and select 'save link as...' and save to your desktop to upload as instructed in the plugin.
- Import the Widget Demo file: Go to Tools > Widget Importer & Exporter
on "Import Widgets", select the ".wie" file of your theme and click on 'Import widgets'. Once the process is complete, the demo widget content should be placed in the correct locations to reflect the same layout for your Front-page as our demos.
After you’ve imported the XML file and WIE File, continue to follow your Theme Setup tutorial to set the theme up like the demo.
Copyright note: It's important to understand before you import the contents of this file, that you have no intellectual property rights to use this content on a live website, you may use this “dummy” content for staging and configuration purposes. The images shown in the theme demos are not licensed for redistribution.
If you wish to obtain similar images to use on your site, you may check some of the stock photo sites:
Photography for purchase: