During the transfer process, you will be contacted by both your old registrar and Imagely (WP Managed Host). They will use the contact information that is registered to your domain. You can update your contact information from your current registrar's domain control panel. During the domain transfer process, you will likely lose access to your email service for your domain name. Make sure that you have another email account, such as a Gmail account, that you can use as a secondary means of communication. Make sure to set this email as your contact email in your domain registration information. Once the transfer is complete, you may proceed in following the instructions: Setting Up Email: How to Set Up Your MX Records
You cannot transfer your domain if it was created or transferred within the last 60 days. This is an ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) requirement, which is the organization that manages addresses on the internet. If it's been less than 60 days or you want to skip transferring and just point your domain to Imagely, follow the steps here: Point Your Domain to Imagely: How to Change Nameservers. Please note that in order to set up MX Records through Imagely you will need to transfer your domain to Imagely.
- Request that your domain be unlocked. The process for this varies depending on the registrar you currently use, but you can typically unlock your domain from the Domain section of your registrars control panel. Make this request to your current domain registrar.
- Request the Authorization Code. Some registrars allow you to generate your code in the control panel, while others will send it to your via email. You can generally request the code from the same section of the control panel that you used to unlock your domain. You will need this code in order to transfer your domain.
- Login to your Imagely hosting account. Navigate to Domains > Transfer a Domain.
Under Domain select 'Transfer a domain you already own' and enter your domain name. Make sure to exclude the TLD (.com, .net, .org, etc.). You do not need to include the www. part of the address.
- Pay for the transfer. Fill out your information and proceed to checkout.
- Enter in your Authorization Code. Soon you'll receive an email from WP Managed Host (Imagely) confirming the transfer. Subject line: 'Transfer Request for yourdomain.com'. Click the link to confirm When asked, enter in the code that you received from your old registrar. Make sure that you enter the code exactly, or else the transfer will not process properly.
- Verify that you are authorizing the transfer. You will be contacted by your old registrar asking if you authorize the transfer. You will be either emailed or called, using the information you have provided to your old registrar.
- This is where having the correct contact information is important. If you are not registered as the owner of the domain, you will not be able to be contacted about the transfer even if you are the actual owner.
- Wait for your settings to transfer. Imagely will configure DNS and name servers for you once the transfer has been authorized. After the transfer has been set up by Imagely, it can take up to a few days for your DNS changes to be recognized worldwide. You can check on the status of your transfer under Domains tab in your hosting account.
- Cancel your old service. Once the transfer is complete, you can cancel your service with your old registrar. Make sure that the transfer was completely successful before doing so, or your website may go down until the transfer goes into effect worldwide.