We care deeply about the security and performance of Imagely Hosting. Becuase an insecure or slow site isn't good for anybody.
That's why the list below includes plugins which we do not allow on Imagely Hosting. The list is separated into categories. We will not include reasoning for each, but know that reasoning is either due to security concerns, duplicated functionality already included in the hosting platform or performance related issues that can arise by activating such plugins.
This is not a concluded list of disallowed plugins. We might find other plugins that fits into these categories or is otherwise known to cause problems. If so, those may be added to the list or disabled at any time. We will also gladly remove plugins from the list which have been updated and worthy of removal from the list.
- W3 Total Cache
- WP File Cache
Imagely Hosting offers caching built in, however if you would like additional caching we recommend WP Rocket Cache, which is compatible with our platform. WP Super Cache would also be ok.
- WP DB Backup
- WP DB Manager
Imagely Hosting offers nightly backups of every site, stored up to 30 days. For additional backups we recommend VaultPress or BackupBuddy using an offsite storage method.
- Wordfence (do not use their Live Scanning or Caching features)
- EWWW Image Optimizer (use the Cloud version)
Alternatives would be Kraken or TinyPNG. Or an offline app called JPEGMini
- Google Sitemap Generator
- XML Sitemap Feed
We recommend using Yoast SEO for this task.
- Dynamic Related Posts
- SEO Auto Links & Related Posts
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin
- Similar Posts
- Contextual Related Posts
We recommend using a plugin like Zemanta or Jetpack's related posts feature which rely on their external servers to drive the functionality.
- WP Mailinglist
- Sendpress Email Marketing
We recommend using a service like Mailchimp or Aweber for email marketing.
- Broken Link Checker (use a 3rd party external tool if needed)
- Fuzzy SEO Booster (use Yoast SEO instead)
- WP PostViews
- TimThumb (a script found in plugins or themes)
- Uploadify (a script found in plugins or themes)
- wpengine-common (used only for WP Engine hosting)
- wp-engine-snapshot (used only for WP Engine hosting)
- sgcachepress (used only for SiteGround hosting)
- wordpress-beta-tester (we run your WordPress updates, and do not allow beta testing)
- SG CachePress (used only for Synthesis hosting)
- WordPress Popular Posts
- Exploit Scanner