The update we have out today is super fun. We have a bunch of UI changes we're making, like a new Add Gallery button. But we're slowly migrating to it as to not confuse the 1.3 million users of NextGEN Gallery.
We're also adding Yoast SEO integration, the API for our upcoming Lightroom plugin and new placeholder watermarks.
Watch the video to learn more about each of these notable changes.
Backup Before Upgrading
Please consider backing up your site (both server files & MySQL Database) whenever updating plugins. Here are some backup recommendations.
Download NextGEN Gallery from WordPress.org or visit the Plugin page in your WordPress admin area to utilize the auto-update feature.
Changes in 2.1.44:
- NEW: "Add Gallery" button added next to "Add Media" button on Create/Edit Post screen
- NEW: IGW placeholder images are watermarked
- NEW: Added API for communicating with Lightroom plugin
- NEW: Gulp build system
- NEW: Added "ngg_igw_placeholder_line_2_settings" and "ngg_igw_placeholder_line_1_settings" filters
- NEW: Added "ngg_settings_during_image_generation" filter to adjust image generation
- NEW: Added "ngg_before_save_thumbnail" filter for image manipulation abilities
- NEW: Added the ability to apply GD filters during image generation
- NEW: Integrated with WordPress SEO sitemaps to show include NGG images in image counts
- Changed: Links to manage a gallery after it's been created don't appear in the IGW
- Fixed: Freemius code shouldn't be minified
- Fixed: When a datamapper entity is saved, it's corresponding cache should be cleared
- Fixed: IGW placeholder images aren't used by WordPress SEO's OpenGraph analysis
Changes in 2.1.45:
- Fixed: Freemius assets should not be minified
Changes in 2.1.46
- Fixed: Remove inner nextgen-gallery folder due to build issue
For the history of changes, view the full changelog.