Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Add Gallery Window vs. Dashboard Interface
The Add Gallery Window allows you to easily select a gallery display style > select your gallery > customize the display and insert it to your page. It also allows you to create and manage your gallery or album.
ADD GALLERY WINDOW
Follow the steps below to access our Add Gallery Window.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE USED TO USING THE CLASSIC EDITOR
As of WordPress v5.0 you will need to install the Classic Editor plugin to continue editing your posts and pages the way you have been used to.
The Add Gallery Window is accessed by hovering over the (+) symbol and select the NextGEN Gallery 'Add Gallery' icon to the right as shown in this screenshot below.
Or click on the (+) symbol and select the NextGEN Gallery block under 'Common Blocks' as shown in this screenshot below (or searching for 'NextGEN Gallery' above the list):
ADD GALLERY WINDOW FEATURES
Through the Add Gallery Window you may do the following:
- Upload images to a new / existing gallery
- Display Galleries
- Manage Galleries
- Manage Albums
You can also customize the appearance of any gallery type for each gallery inserted to a page or post.
Through the dashboard interface located under Gallery tab, you can accomplish all of the above (see Add Gallery Window list above), as well as the following:
- Manage global/default gallery settings under Gallery > Gallery Settings
- Manage additional gallery features like Lightbox Effects, Watermarking, Edit CSS under Gallery > Other Options.
A FEW IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Updating your default settings under Gallery > Gallery Settings, will NOT update existing galleries added through the Add Gallery Window. Updating the default settings will make those settings available by default with any new galleries created next.
- Copying and pasting your Add Gallery Window code from one page to another page will NOT work. When a gallery is added via the Add Gallery Window, it is given a unique ID and is registered into the database. So when you update your original gallery, it will automatically update the gallery you copied and pasted to the other page because it has the same registered ID, and vice versa.