We're happy to announce our latest update to NextGEN 2.0.0. Thank you to all users who have been helping us diagnose and resolve the issues, and to each of the public beta testers who provided their very useful feedback and bug reports. We truly appreciate the support you have given us.
Download NextGEN Gallery from WordPress.org or visit the Plugin page in your WordPress admin area to utilize the auto-update feature.
Caution and Issues
NextGEN Gallery 2.0.0 contained substantial changes to the plugin structure over the Legacy versions 1.9.x. This new version builds on those changes, but if you are updating directly from 1.9.13 or earlier, there may be incompatibilities some third-party plugins/extension including mobile apps. If you update and have issues, you can always roll back to 1.9.13 following our rollback guide.
You should, as always but more so, consider back up your site (both server files & MySQL Database).
This is an important update for all NextGEN Gallery users as it contains a performance tweak/bug fix.
- NEW: Restored AJAX pagination for NextGEN Basic ImageBrowser display type
- Fixed: Compatibility with WordPress Local SEO by Yoast
- Fixed: Inability to upload images if image_slug field was missing in database
- Fixed: Integration of NextGEN Basic Thumbnail and NextGEN Basic Slideshow display types
- Fixed: Photocrati Resource Manager further adjusted to be third-party friendly
- Fixed: Added the ability to find legacy templates in both the child/parent theme directories
- Fixed: Router can handle port numbers in urls
- Fixed: Carousel template was linking to NextGEN Basic ImageBrowser view
- Fixed: SQL query generated for displayed galleries using tags as source
- Fixed: 3rd party compat: raise & never lower pcre.backtrack_limit
For the history of changes, view the full changelog.
What's Not Fixed? Known Issues
There are still many known issues, each generally affecting a small number of users, that we need to address. You can see the list of all known conflicts that we are continuing to work on, please visit the Latest Public Beta page.
What's Been Going On?
Unfortunately the update to the new NextGEN Gallery 2.0.0 structure has not been smooth for everyone. If you would like to read about what has been going on behind the scenes at Photocrati and why there are many public betas and official releases recently, please read this open letter to the NextGEN community