We're happy to announce our latest update to NextGEN 2.0.0. Thank you to all users who have been helping us diagnose and resolve the issues, and to each of the public beta testers who provided their very useful feedback and bug reports. We truly appreciate the support you have given us.
Download NextGEN Gallery from WordPress.org or visit the Plugin page in your WordPress admin area to utilize the auto-update feature.
Caution and Issues
NextGEN Gallery 2.0.0 contained substantial changes to the plugin structure over the Legacy versions 1.9.x. This new version builds on those changes, but if you are updating directly from 1.9.13 or earlier, there may be incompatibilities some third-party plugins/extension including mobile apps. If you update and have issues, you can always roll back to 1.9.13 following our rollback guide.
You should, as always but more so, consider back up your site (both server files & MySQL Database).
This is an important update for all NextGEN Gallery users as it contains a performance tweak/bug fix.
- NEW: Requests /ngg_tag/[tagname] will create a displayed gallery
- NEW: Option added to "Import Gallery" tab to use original images
- Fixed: Links are broken on the ngg_tags-sitemap.xml file by WordPress SEO
- Fixed: PHP notice: Attempt to assign property of non-object
- Fixed: Undefined property warnings when using NextGEN Basic Thumbnails
- Fixed: Detect if an applying a transient to a displayed gallery was successful
- Fixed: Compatibility issues with BJ-Lazy-Load and Colorbox
- Fixed: Pagination conflicts for multiple Imagebrowsers on the same page
- Fixed: Ability to display previous exception with debug mode
- Fixed: Tagclouds not working in multisite instances
- Fixed: Load widgets.css when a widget is being used
- Fixed: Installer should remove all instances of the component factory
- Fixed: Widget settings interface not intuitive
- Fixed: Inability to upload images in some Windows host environments
- Fixed: Sorting images/galleries using the Attach To Post interface
- Fixed: Fix detection of HTTPS (pull request by Leonhardt Wille)
- Fixed: Compilation errors of regular expressions
- Fixed: Pro galleries wouldn't display in environments using PHP 5.3.3 or less
- Fixed: Scanning of router slug is now limited to the uri, not the url
- Fixed: Show slideshow link isn't required for thumbnail/imagebrowser integration
- Fixed: WordPress media-upload with 'singlepic' image size
- Fixed: Use target=_blank when the link setting is provided for NextGEN Basic Singlepic
- Fixed: Only display rendering errors if WP_DEBUG is enabled
For the history of changes, view the full changelog.
What's Not Fixed? Known Issues
There are still many known issues, each generally affecting a small number of users, that we need to address. You can see the list of all known conflicts that we are continuing to work on, please visit the Latest Public Beta page.
What's Been Going On?
Unfortunately the update to the new NextGEN Gallery 2.0.0 structure has not been smooth for everyone. If you would like to read about what has been going on behind the scenes at Photocrati and why there are many public betas and official releases recently, please read this open letter to the NextGEN community