We're happy to announce our latest update to NextGEN 2.0.0. Thank you to all users who have been helping us diagnose and resolve the issues, and to each of the public beta testers who provided their very useful feedback and bug reports. We truly appreciate the support you have given us.
Download NextGEN Gallery from WordPress.org or visit the Plugin page in your WordPress admin area to utilize the auto-update feature.
If you run NextGEN Pro
If you also run NextGEN Pro on your website it is important to also update to the latest NextGEN Pro for compatibility. You can update NextGEN Pro within your admin dashboard or download it manually from your account.
Backup Before Upgrading
Please consider backing up your site (both server files & MySQL Database) whenever updating plugins.
Changes in 2.0.63:
This is an important update for all NextGEN Gallery users as it contains a performance tweak/bug fix.
- NEW: Translation ready
- NEW: Including German translation by Roland Stumpp
- NEW: Including Czech translation by Separatista
- NEW: Including Finnish translation by Vesa Tiirikainen
- NEW: WPML / qTranslate support
- NEW: Including Czech & Finnish translations thanks to Separatista & Vesa Tiirikainen
- NEW: Added NGG_DISABLE_FILTER_THE_CONTENT constant to manage conflicts
- Changed: Moved jquery.nextgen_radio_toggle.js to NextGEN Admin Module
- Changed: Original display settings are passed to secondary display types
- Fixed: Thumbnail dimension calculations are inaccurate by 1px when maintaining aspect ratio
- Fixed: Copy IPTC data from original to new image when creating new sizes / thumbnails
- Fixed: Use correct absolute path when importing images in a multisite environment
- Fixed: Incorrect display of disk space quotas in multisite environments
- Fixed: Removed redundant roles form in multisite environments
- Fixed: Insert Gallery Window support for multisite environments
- Fixed: Incorrect handling of NextGEN Styles in multisite environments
- Fixed: Not honouring NGG_IMPORT_ROOT constant
- Fixed: Fixed inability to edit gallery properties using XMLRPC's edit_gallery method
- Fixed: Alignment issues in Basic Compact Albums caused by subalbums not displaying image 'counter'
- Fixed: Display setting forms compatibility issue with WordPress 3.9
- Fixed; Compability with jQuery Dialogs in WordPress 3.9
- Fixed: Maximum entity code should be a displayed gallery property for recent/random sources only
- Fixed: Problems with zlib compression: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18525
- Fixed: Support for web servers which use a document root of '//'
- Fixed: Compatibility with WPML Translation Management
- Fixed: use 'del' for function name in ngg_store.js, 'delete' is a reserved keyword
- Fixed: Enqueue fontawesome only when necessary
- Fixed: Suhosin compatibility issue when overriding PHP memory limit
- Fixed: Handle images of wrong image type correctly when trying to create cropped thumbnails
- Fixed: Datamapper entities not allowed to have properties with a value of 0
- Fixed: Resource manager is manipulating feeds
- Fixed: Convert absolute urls to relative urls for lightboxes
- Fixed: Start the resource manager as early as we can within the init action
- Fixed: Routing problem for galleries with images named 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, etc.
- Fixed: Added tooltips to basic slideshow settings
- Fixed: Remove CKEditor's NextGEN button, which is incompatible with NextGEN Gallery 2.x
For the history of changes, view the full changelog.