We're happy to announce our latest update to NextGEN 2.0.0. Thank you to all users who have been helping us diagnose and resolve the issues, and to each of the public beta testers who provided their very useful feedback and bug reports. We truly appreciate the support you have given us.
Download NextGEN Gallery from WordPress.org or visit the Plugin page in your WordPress admin area to utilize the auto-update feature.
If you run NextGEN Pro
If you also run NextGEN Pro on your website it is important to also update to the latest NextGEN Pro for compatibility. You can update NextGEN Pro within your admin dashboard or download it manually from your account.
Backup Before Upgrading
Please consider backing up your site (both server files & MySQL Database) whenever updating plugins.
Changes in 22.214.171.124:
- NEW: Added new "limit" setting to Slideshow widgets
- NEW: Added a "ngg_routes" action for other plugins to hook into to provide new routes
- NEW: Added NGG_SKIP_LOAD_SCRIPTS constant, which existed in 1.9.x
- NEW: Added NGG_GALLERY_ROOT_TYPE constant. Set to 'content' to load galleries from the content_dir / content_url
- NEW: Bosnian (bs_BA) language thanks to Nevesin Srdoc
- NEW: Chinese (zh_CN) language thanks to Vahi Chen, http://www.vahichen.com
- NEW: Dutch (nl_NL) language thanks to Taeke Kooiker
- NEW: Filipino (fil) language thanks to Find Hold, http://www.findhold.dk/
- NEW: French (fr_FR) language thanks to Jean-Yves Dumaine & Le Blog de Lise
- NEW: Hungarian (hu_HU) language thanks to Zoltán Varanka
- NEW: Italian (it_IT) language thanks to Jacopo Caggiano, @tizz
- NEW: Russian (ru_RU) language thanks to SnakeD3
- NEW: Spanish (es_ES) language thanks to Andrew Kurtis at WebHostingHub
- Changed: Updated Czech language thanks to Separatista; additional thanks to Martin Krizek for the original translation who was mistakenly unaccredited
- Changed: "Upgrade to Pro" page has new design, advertises for NextGEN Plus
- Changed: Basic Albums templates now given the image counterelement the class 'ngg-album-gallery-image-counter' (by user request)
- Changed: Gallery widgets now apply height:auto to their element; fixes compatibility with some themes
- Changed: Random galleries should be substantially faster now (1000% or more for large image tables)
- Fixed: Complete WPML compatibility
- Fixed: Disable Buddypress 'bp_do_redirect_canonical' filter as it ruins our routing system
- Fixed: Use plugins_url() content_url() when appropriate rather than just site_url() and home_url()
- Fixed: WP Cron job will remove not only displayed gallery transients, but rendering transients as well
- Fixed: NGG_RENDERING_CACHE_TTL constant is honored properly
- Fixed: If using the caption template for Basic Thumbnails, only show the image caption when appropriate
- Fixed: If NGG is uninstalled, so are it's custom capabilities
- Fixed: Translate "Attach NextGEN Gallery to Post" ATP icon alt text when translations are active
- Fixed: Multisite gallery path tooltip gave a wrong default setting
- Fixed: Flush 'all' caches when pope_module_list setting changes
- Fixed: Don't enqueue related images css in the admin
- Fixed: Basic Slideshows fixes WP creating extraneouselement above the slideshow display
- Fixed: Basic Singlepic will now display images marked 'excluded' in the admin
- Fixed: Admin pages can now update when the "Save" button text has been translated
For the history of changes, view the full changelog.