We are extremely happy to announce a new public beta of NextGEN Gallery. This beta has been in the works for some time, beta testing with many users and now it's ready for public testing.
To install the beta version of NextGEN Gallery for the first time, download the beta and then Go to Plugins >> Add New > Upload > Pick the beta ZIP file > ‘Install Now’ > ‘Activate’
To replace an existing NextGEN Gallery plugin, download the beta, extract (or unpack) the plugin and replace the wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery files and folder content with the beta version and you're all set.
The following changes are included in this beta. The largest of which is compatibility with WPML and other language translation plugins.
- NEW: All lightboxes are configured using an in-memory management class.
- NEW: Uses Pope 2.0, benefiting from the new caching capabilities
- NEW: NextGEN Gallery's functionality is disabled if NextGEN Pro is incompatible
- Changed: Updated FontAwesome to 4.2.0
- Changed: Removed PicLens / CoolIris integration
- Changed: Removed JSON API. Please use XML-RPC API instead
- Changed: For performance reasons, we cache FS & url lookups/calculations
- Changed: Greatly reduced the # of sql queries, and eliminated anything redundant
- Changed: For performance reasons, we cache SQL queries
- Changed: Don't enqueue scripts or styles unless we require them
- Changed: Reduce the number of resources we enqueue for every HTTP request
- Changed: Insert Gallery Window is routed using wp-admin/admin_init
- Changed: Removed unused code from ngglegacy module. Created wrappers for commonly-used functions
- Fixed: "No input file" error on GoDaddy Linux-powered sharing hosting environments
- Fixed: Fixed problem with default settings being applied multiple times
- Fixed: Fallback to "full" image sizes if "backup" images aren't available
- Fixed: Use M_DataMapper's serialization methods throughout the codebase
- Fixed: Conflict with WordPress SEO and get_the_excerpt() call
- Fixed: Don't run Resource Manager on wp-login.php or wp-sign.php
- Fixed: TinyMCE Image Editor conflict with Insert Gallery Window placeholder images
- Fixed: Fix Shutter positioning when admin bar is displayed
- Fixed: Allow deselection of a legacy template
- Fixed: Prevent conflicts when using imagebrowser as a lightbox effect
To download the beta, please visit the NextGEN Gallery Public Beta page for further instructions and information.