Today's release is another milestone in our ongoing efforts to reduce and remove as many bugs as we can which impacts a wide range of users.
Many of the bugs are not introduced by us, but rather other plugins and themes. Although we have tried contacting many of the theme and plugins developers to have them correct their bugs, we do not often see responses. So we have continued to include those patches within our own plugin as a courtesy to the users experiencing the issues.
We have made additional fixes and improvements to the plugin, and prepared NextGEN Gallery to handle upcoming NextGEN Plus and NextGEN Pro features as well.
One new feature is album breadcrumbs for when you allow NextGEN Gallery to automate the album to gallery display. It's pretty neat!
Backup Before Upgrading
Please consider backing up your site (both server files & MySQL Database) whenever updating plugins. Here are some backup recommendations.
Download NextGEN Gallery from WordPress.org or visit the Plugin page in your WordPress admin area to utilize the auto-update feature.
Changes in 2.0.10:
- NEW: Album breadcrumbs and pagination
- NEW: Ability to override builtin MVC templates
- NEW: Robust transient management
- NEW: Added the ability to set post thumbnails via XML-RPC module
- NEW: Added 'ngg_get_image_size_params' filter to control image generation
- NEW: Added 'ngg_basic_tagcloud_title' and 'ngg_basic_tagcloud_excluded_display_types' filters
- NEW: Added ngg_manage_images_items_per_page filter
- NEW: Added "ngg_get_image_url" filter
- NEW: Including Ukranian and Polish translations
- NEW: The ability to set template in widgets
- Changed: Default thumbnail dimensions set to 240x160
- Changed: Product now adheres to Pope 0.12 and provides get_modules_to_load()
- Changed: Updated translations
- Changed: Removed link to capsman plugin in Roles accordion
- Changed: Taxnomies now use internationalized strings
- Changed: Image date/time meta data fields are stored as UNIX timestamps
- Fixed: Various PHP warnings and notices
- Fixed: Compatibility fixes for WPML
- Fixed: Ensure that backup image functionality fails gracefully
- Fixed: WP option 'ngg_do_upgrade' updated in every HTTP request
- Fixed; Empty $_SERVER['PATHINFO'] causing multiple routing issues
- Fixed: "Manage Galleries" display image alttext in the filename column
- Fixed: Various issues with the tag cloud display type
- Fixed: Integrity check when updating from 1.9.x
- Fixed: Image filenames substituting spaces for + which is only proper in the query string
- Fixed: Insert Gallery Window not working with nested levels of gzip compression
- Fixed: Imagebrowser as lightbox effect not working with pagination
- Fixed: Compatibility with MultiVerso Advanced File Sharing
- Fixed: "Add page" button not displaying on the next immediate page load
- Fixed: Double-escaping of non-latin characters
- Fixed: Imagebrowser pagination with custom templates
- Fixed: Custom CSS is enqueued late to ensure it's one of the last stylesheets loaded
- Fixed: Fixed watermarking PNG images
- Fixed: Using the "Import Metadata" bulk action overwrites existing data
- Fixed: Seconds were not retained from CaptureTime EXIF field
- Fixed: Conflicts created by our TinyMCE plugin
- Fixed: Image mapper setting gid to gallery name, not the unique ID
- Fixed: Restored nggdb->get_random_images(), nggdb->search_for_file, and nggdb->find_all_albums()
- Fixed: Allow gallery slug as parameter to nggdb::get_gallery()
- Fixed: Custom template images not being given their full effect code attributes
- Fixed: When importing galleries from folders, allow symlinks
- Fixed: Use of C_Gallery_Mapper in C_Image_Wrapper
- Fixed: Properly handle themes that don't call wp_footer() or wp_print_footer_scripts()
- Fixed: Warning about missing style.php file on Network Admin -> Gallery page
- Fixed: Warning about getimagesize() failure when backing up an image
For the history of changes, view the full changelog.