Today's release is another milestone in our ongoing efforts to reduce and remove as many bugs as we can which impacts a wide range of users.
In addition, we are releasing a feature that was one of the most popular feature requests of all time for NextGEN Gallery.
Now all users can import their images from the Media Library!
Please note that this will act as if you were importing the image from your computer. Meaning, it will make a copy of the image from the Media Library and then resize and create backups as you have set within Other Options.
Backup Before Upgrading
Please consider backing up your site (both server files & MySQL Database) whenever updating plugins. Here are some backup recommendations.
Download NextGEN Gallery from WordPress.org or visit the Plugin page in your WordPress admin area to utilize the auto-update feature.
Changes in 2.1.2:
- NEW: Ability to import from Media Library
- NEW: Added filter 'ngg_datamapper_table_name'
- NEW: Added filter ngg_legacy_template_directories for legacy template locator (thanks Ross McKay)
- NEW: Pagination available onManage Images page
- NEW: Added filter ngg_manage_images_items_per_page_array to control pagination options
- NEW: Added filters 'ngg_load_frontend_logic' and 'ngg_get_modules_to_load'
- NEW: Added filter 'ngg_add_page_shortcode' to control Manage Galleries > 'Create new page' content
- NEW: Added filter 'ngg_manage_albums_items_order'
- Changed: Removed PHP4 support
- Fixed: Ability to set NextGEN Image as Featured Image
- Fixed: Don't use resource manager in download requests for WP Photo Shelter
- Fixed: Updated custom jQuery-UI styling to resemble WordPress postbox styling
- Fixed: Styled plupload buttons to resemble WordPress buttons
- Fixed: Removed 'fixed' class from manage galleries table. Allows columns to adjust to content
- Fixed: Removed note about flash support and fixed typoe (thanks Rene Wolf)
- Fixed: Fixed typo in nggallery.po
- Fixed: Cache results of lookup_columns() to avoid multiple identical queries; thanks go to Alex Bradaric
- Fixed: Better WP-CPI detection
- Fixed: Removed unnecessary calls to parent::initialize()
- Fixed: Adjusted album-compact template to always include p.ngg-album-gallery-image-counter
- Fixed: Replaced empty gallery rendering in is_feed() with a link
- Fixed: Removed default settings for imagerotator, which is no longer supported
- Fixed: Optimizated scanning of images when importing a gallery
- Fixed: When a gallery is deleted, ensure that DB and filesystem are purged
- Fixed: Removed Insert Gallery Window box shadow
- Fixed: Ensure that file_exists() calls are prefixed with @
For the history of changes, view the full changelog.