Today's release contains a variety of changes and fixes and also compatibility with the upcoming WordPress version 4.3.
We strongly recommend updating NextGEN Gallery before WordPress 4.3 is released.
Backup Before Upgrading
Please consider backing up your site (both server files & MySQL Database) whenever updating plugins. Here are some backup recommendations.
Download NextGEN Gallery from WordPress.org or visit the Plugin page in your WordPress admin area to utilize the auto-update feature.
Changes in 2.1.7:
- Changed: "Flush image cache" now removes images from the database w/o a gallery
- Changed: "Show Meta" popup: parse date_format through date_i18n()
- Changed: Made Add Gallery/Images notifications a link to the gallery
- Changed: No longer cache displayed galleries as transients
- Changed: Updated widgets to use PHP5 parent::__construct() over $this->WP_Widget()
- Fixed: C_NextGen_Metadata->get_EXIF() was bugged with imagebrowser-exif template
- Fixed: Cornerstone/X compatibility
- Fixed: Recovering images was 'generating' from backup instead of copying
- Fixed: Setting post thumbnail more than once on a page/post
- Fixed: Permanently hide display types from ATP without an active POPE module
For the history of changes, view the full changelog.