Following our big release with the front end gallery improvements, here comes a variety of behind the scenes improvements.
In this update, you'll find FontAwesome updated to version 5, some caching improvements for randomized galleries, memory usage improvements, and much more.
Backup Before Upgrading
Please consider backing up your site (both server files & MySQL Database) whenever updating plugins. Here are some backup recommendations.
Download NextGEN Gallery from our WordPress gallery plugin page on WordPress.org or visit the Plugin page in your WordPress admin area to utilize the auto-update feature.
Changes in 3.0.15
- NEW: Added requirements notification manager
- Changed: Basic Thumbnails default setting from "[Show slideshow]" to "Show slideshow"
- Changed: Fixed order_by=rand and 'variations' system not working by storing random results in a transient for 24h
- Changed: How gallery directories are removed
- Changed: Improved memory use during thumbnail generation
- Changed: Manage Albums page now uses GET for editing navigation
- Changed: Upgrading FontAwesome to 5.0.13
- Fixed: Attribute 'target=_blank' not working in lightbox effects
- Fixed: Conflict with WP Social Widget
- Fixed: Corrected numerous phpdoc problems found by Phan
- Fixed: Editing of image attributes from search-galleries page
- Fixed: Gritter messages with long texts overlapped their close-notification icon
- Fixed: IGW gallery selections not persisting between edits
- Fixed: Orphaned entries being created and/or left in wp_postmeta
- Fixed: Repeated and missing images in featured images list
Changes in 3.0.16
- Fixed Fontawesome 4 compatibility
For the history of changes, view the full changelog.