It's here and time to celebrate!
We have been working tirelessly on a complete overhaul of the backend design of NextGEN Gallery. There are three stages to the redesign, and this update is stage one.
- Beautify the backend, with a simpler Insert Gallery Window and additional inline help
- Move some of the Pro gallery types to Free (replace Basic designs) and offer additional Pro displays
- Gutenberg integration with a NextGEN Gallery Block
After months of alpha testing internally, beta testing internally and publically, it's available for everyone as an official update.
Additionally, we've worked with the amazing person behind WP101, Shawn, to create a two-minute overview video on using NextGEN Gallery. We plan to have additional videos created by Shawn in the coming months.
The video gives you a good look at the new design of the NextGEN Gallery backend interface. The same new design work has been made for NextGEN Plus and Pro as well.
Update today to enjoy the new design. We can't wait to share what's coming next!
Backup Before Upgrading
Please consider backing up your site (both server files & MySQL Database) whenever updating plugins. Here are some backup recommendations.
Download NextGEN Gallery from our WordPress gallery plugin page on WordPress.org or visit the Plugin page in your WordPress admin area to utilize the auto-update feature.
Changes in 3.0
- NEW: Redesign of NextGEN Gallery backend interface
- NEW: New NGG introduction video on Overview page and added to Insert Gallery Window
- Changed: Location of NextGen Gallery menu item in the main WordPress admin menu
- Changed: Upgraded Select2 to latest release (4.0.5)
- Changed: Updated link href to 'image delete' & 'recover' links
- Changed: Image descriptions may include <img> elements with src, alt, title, id, class, name, rel, and style
- Fixed: Removed use of screen_icon() from plugin
- Fixed: Color selection widget keeping unsaved values between page refreshes
Changes in 3.0.1
- Fixed: Prevent caching of display_tab.js which can break the IGW
For the history of changes, view the full changelog.