This is a big update to NextGEN Pro as we have implemented a variety of fixes as well as some new gallery types.
If you are a fan of the Basic ImageBrowser display, then you're going to love the Pro ImageBrowser!
We also added template support for all Pro Galleries and implemented templates for Pro Thumbnails and the new Pro ImageBrowser. However, the new template system won't appear until NextGEN Gallery 2.2.0 is out.
We know many customers have asked for captions to be available for Pro Thumbnail Galleries. With the new template system, we've done just that!
Changes in 2.5.0:
- NEW: Pro Imagebrowser Gallery
- NEW: Template support for Pro Galleries (requires NextGEN Gallery 2.2.0 or later)
- NEW: Three new Pro Imagebrowser templates (requires NextGEN Gallery 2.2.0 or later)
- NEW: Three new Pro Thumbnail Grid templates (requires NextGEN Gallery 2.2.0 or later)
- Changed: Updated Imagely branding in Pro Modules
- Changed: Branding changes from Photocrati to Imagely
- Changed: Use localStorage for cart instead of cookies by default. May adjust using option.
- Fixed: Digital Downloads tab showing in sidebar without products added
- Fixed: View Cart button in Pro Lightbox not working in IE11 in certain cases
- Fixed: Album setting 'Open gallery in Pro Lightbox' working on thumbnail but not title
- Fixed: Pro Lightbox settings to display comments and cart initially can both be selected
- Fixed: Presure.js generating errors in IE11 in certain cases
- Fixed: Pro Lightbox 'Localize limit' interferes with Pro Album 'Open in Lightbox' option
- Fixed: Ensure that modules are loaded when NGG re-activates using WordPress 4.7
- Fixed: Incompatibilities with Elegant Themes
- Fixed: Hover captions not appearing
- Fixed: Misalignment of images in the Pro Lightbox
- Fixed: Images appear as zoomed in the Pro Lightbox
- Fixed: Ability to use quotes in pricelist titles
- Fixed: Various PHP warnings and notices
Backup Before Upgrading
Please consider backing up your site (both server files & MySQL Database) whenever updating plugins. Here are some backup recommendations.
For the history of changes, view the full changelog.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Phillip McCordall31 Mar 2017
dear Sir I’m looking for a new gallery to replace the one I use on my site ” http://www.learnshots.com ” We have 1000 members and growing , all have the possibility to upload and comment on each others images. Can you tell me if next get can do that please.
Scott Wyden Kivowitz31 Mar 2017
NextGEN Gallery has a roles feature that would allow you to specify roles whom can upload their own galleries. Also, NextGEN Pro uses the built-in WordPress comment system for image commenting. So anyone can comment on any images.