How to Set Up NextGEN Gallery With WPML
If you haven't yet installed NextGEN Gallery, please follow this step by step guide on how to install NextGEN Gallery on your WordPress installation: Installing and Updating NextGEN Gallery.
*Please keep in mind that we do not provide support for the WPML plugin. Any questions regarding the plugin, please reach out to their support team.
To translate your website into multiple languages, we suggest installing WPML. It's one of the most popular plugins for translation. Instead of having to download .mo files and edit wp-config.php to set the WPLANG variable, this plugin does that work for you. Much easier than editing core files on your site on the server.
WPML creates different posts, pages and custom types for translations and connects them together. This means that every page has its own title, body and meta-fields.
WPML offers two ways for translating content:
- Manually, by clicking on the + icons
- Using WPML’s Translation Management module
You can learn about the different modules in the WPML Core and Addons page on WPML website.
The first time you install WPML, follow these steps:
- WPML is a premium paid plugin, so you will need to log in to your WPML.org account.
- Go to the Downloads section.
- You can install any WPML components that you need. You can also just install the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin and receive the rest of the components directly to your WordPress admin.
- Unzip each file. A directory will be created.
- Upload the unzipped directories to your site’s ‘wp-contents/plugins’ directory.
- Log in to your site, go to Plugins and click 'activate' for each.
Learn how to update here: How to Download and Install WPML
Do you have questions? Did something go wrong? Please refer to WPML's FAQ for more helpful information: WPML FAQ