To add NextGEN Pro Thumbnail gallery to your post or page in WordPress, follow these simple steps:
1) If you have not yet created a gallery, follow the steps in this help guide to learn how to upload your images and create a gallery.
Follow the steps below to access our Add Gallery Window.
FOR THOSE WHO ARE USED TO USING THE CLASSIC EDITOR
As of WordPress v5.0 you will need to install the Classic Editor plugin to continue editing your posts and pages the way you have been used to.
The Add Gallery Window is accessed by hovering over the (+) symbol and select the NextGEN Gallery 'Add Gallery' icon to the right as shown in this screenshot below.
Or click on the (+) symbol and select the NextGEN Gallery block under 'Common Blocks' as shown in this screenshot below (or searching for 'NextGEN Gallery' above the list):
Select a display type
2) Under 'Insert Into Page > Choose Display': Pro Thumbnail Grid
What would you like to display?
3) Under 'Choose Display' by default it should say 'Galleries' in the first field, in the second click once on 'select a gallery' and then select the gallery you just created (or previously created).
Customize the display settings
4) Under 'Insert Into Page > Customize Display Settings', go through each setting and adjust as desired. You can skip this step if you wish to use the default settings (set under Gallery > Gallery Settings in the dashboard).
5) If you wish to exclude or sort your images, you may do so under 'Sort or Exclude Images' tab.
6) Last step, click 'Save', and then publish/update your page and you're done! Your finished gallery should look something like ours below:
- If you have NextGEN Pro or NextGEN Plus installed, and you have the Pro Lightbox Effect enabled, you may choose to display the trigger icons that launch the Pro Lightbox to view your gallery images.