The Front Page 3 widget area in the Imagely Ansel demo uses three (3) Genesis – Featured Page widgets to display an excerpt and a featured image, but you may use any content you wish.
Go to Appearance > Widgets to add a Genesis – Featured Page widget to this area.
To configure the widget, click on the title bar to open it and change the settings as desired:
- Title: Our demos do not use the title in the Featured Page widgets in this area.
- Page: Select the page you wish to have displayed from the drop down.
- Show Featured Image: Check the box to display a featured image.
- Image Size: Select the size of the featured image.
- Our demo use the imagely-featured (1280x640).
- If a smaller image is used, it will be stretched to fill featured image space when aligned to the Left or Right (set in the next step).
- Image Alignment: Select the image alignment (Left, Right, Center or None).
- Our demo alternates between Left and Right for each Genesis – Featured Page widget. The images will display best when aligned to the Left or Right.
- Show Page Title: Check the box to display the page title above the content of the featured page.
- Show Page Content: Check the box to display the content of the featured page.
- Content Character Limit: To display an excerpt of the page with a Read More button, enter the number of characters you’d like to display. Leave blank to display all the text from the page.
- More Text: If you are using a Content Character Limit, enter the text you’d like to display in the Read More button that follows the excerpt. This text will automatically become a button that visitors can click to access the featured page.
- Once you have completed the widget configuration, be sure to click Save at the bottom of the widget to preserve your settings.
Repeat these settings in each of the Genesis – Featured Page widgets you add to this area.