NextGEN Gallery Voting is a free plugin in the WordPress directory that adds a voting feature to your galleries. What's great about the free plugin is that it provides a few options for voting styles.
- Star rating
- Dropdown box
- Like/Dislike images
There are some features that the free plugin lacks, that could be useful for users and that is where the $5, premium plugin comes into play. By installing the premium plugin alongside the free voting plugin, it adds some great new features.
- A "Like" voting options
- Ability to add your own "Like" graphic to replace the default one
- Batch control for adding voting options to all galleries
- Batch control for deleting all votes
- Multiple voting options: vote on color, vote on male vs female, etc. (make your own options)
- Ability to edit the messages your users see during the voting process, like changing the term ‘Like’, to ‘Vote’
- Export option sending to a CSV file
It's important to note that in order to use this plugin, you must use a custom NextGEN Gallery template with the PHP line supplied with the free plugin.
I had a chance to spend some time with the premium version and have to say that for $5, it's a real bargain. It adds some impressive functionality to NextGEN Gallery. With some Photoshop work, I was able to create an elegant proofing solution with NextGEN Gallery and Voting Premium.
If NextGEN Gallery Voting Premium interests you, click the link below to pick up your copy.